I apologize for my absence from the blogging world. The last few weeks have not been that eventful, but unbelievably busy. As of, I guess 3 weeks ago now, I began my internship as the Homes for Hope intern. In the three weeks that I have been in my official position, I feel that I have accomplished 50% less than I did in the first 2 weeks in my temporary position. Unfortunately, that is just how it is I guess. The projects I am working on now are longer term projects, and while I am incredibly efficient, contact lists are always slow going, and not very thought intensive. I am hoping that as the summer progresses, I will be able to work on some projects that are not only meaningful to Hope and H4H, but are also thought intensive and challenging to me. Don't take this as meaning that I am unsatisfied though. God has used these last few weeks to motivate me to get involved in other things. In my much needed 2 minute breaks from Excel, I have been able to organize intern lunch, step up and be a leader for the interns' book discussions, and get to know people in the office. It has also given me a lot of time for reflection and prayer. I am really searching for God's direction in my life. I know he led me here, and I have absolutely fallen in love with this area (if only for the 75 degrees and sunny weather in June), but I am at a loss for the next move that I need to make in my life. That aside, I will continue with updates. :)
Hope has a mentoring program for its interns. My mentor is Erika, Peter Greer's assistant. She is wonderful. She took me to coffee last week, and we talked for an hour straight. Erika lives in Delaware and commutes every day. She was a soccer player at Georgetown before she got the job at Hope. At first, I was afraid that Erika and I would not have anything in common, she being a college athlete, and me being one of the most un-athletic people I know. However, I foresee that not only will Erika be a wonderful mentor, but we will be able to encourage each other.
There are a lot of things that I have failed to mention in this blog post, and I have cut it very short, but below are some more pressing matters. Prayer Requests.
1. Hope ex-pat employees and interns (ex-pat means that they are American citizens living in another country)
2. Sickness among Hope employees and their families (There is a lot of sadness in the office currently.)
As part of this request, specifically pray for Christine. She is pregnant and has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. They wanted to postpone chemo until the pregnancy was far enough along to be induced, but the disease is progressing faster than anticipated. Please pray for wisdom and healing here.
3. Friendship
4. I hate to put this on here because it makes me feel selfish, but please pray that God will show me his direction.
I love you and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment