Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary to the BEST Parents in the WORLD!!!!!!

So I know many of you are expecting an update on the goings-on of this past week and weekend.  Don't worry.  It will come.  But that will wait until tomorrow.  Because today is an important day.  A VERY important day.  Today is my parents 25th wedding anniversary.  If the events of this day had not happened 25 years ago, yours truly would not be here, so, needless to say, I am happy that those events happened.

All joking aside, I want to take this opportunity to share with the world how wonderful these two people are. My Dad, though he has always worked very hard, has always take time to have fun, both for himself and with me.  I've watched him play the drums all of my life, and I've never seen anyone have quite as much fun as he does.  I still remember our special Daddy/Daughter days when he would take me to dance class or piano lessons when Mom was busy, and we would go to McDonald's for dinner.  Those are still some of my favorite days. :)
My Mom has always been my teacher.  In the classroom she taught me how to write, and at home she taught me how to embrace my thoughts and feelings and think big while following God's plan.  In a way, these are perfect complements.  Anytime I would write, the way that my mom taught me to think would shine through.  My thoughts were always much bigger than any paper assignment required.

My parents' influence in my life is the reason I am where I am today.  They have always encouraged me and been supportive, even when they were not sure of the outcome themselves.  Thanks Mom and Dad for just being you--the best parents in the world.  I love y'all!!

Hebrews 12:10 (The Message)
While we were children, our parents did what seemed best to them. But God is doing what is best for us, training us to live God's holy best.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for great parents! Happy Anniversary, to the two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps! I didn't know that yesterday was their anniversary! We should have had them a party! But you wouldn't have been here!!! We miss u!!!

    ReplyDelete