 |
|
It's a town silly...
Saturday, at the recommendation of Deirdre, I went to Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, PA. If you want to know where the name came from, google it. It's not what you think. Kitchen Kettle Village is a really cute little place. While it is touristy, it's also really authentic. They make their own fudge, pretzels, ice cream, and jelly on site. They have cute little shops for everyone from boutiques that carry Vera Bradley and Brighton, to hunting and cooking stores. I could have spent a lot more time and money there than I did, but seeing as I am a broke intern, I did not want to spend too much. I did get to try a pretzel though. Yes, I have had pretzels before, but you haven't really had a pretzel until you have had one up here. That is the one thing I do not have a picture of, but it was AMAZING!
 |
| An Amish farm behind Kitchen Kettle village. |
 |
| A wire art band |
 |
| Nutcrackers... for the Scott family |
 |
| This is supposed to be an Ohio State snowman, but the colors are awfully close to Maroon and White! Hail State! |
 |
| This is in the Christmas Shop |
 |
| This is a shelf of extremely expensive Elvis memorabilia. The glass on the left is priced at $49.00! |
 |
| Amish figurines designed in Bird-in-Hand, PA |
 |
| Street view of Kitchen Kettle Village |
 |
| I agree! |
 |
| Amish dolls. |
 |
| They really like to play off the name of the town... |
 |
| Makin' fudge! Livin' the dream... |
 |
| A few of my purchases. I tried all of these in the store and they are extremely delicious. Mom will be receiving the Pineapple Jalapeno Jam in the mail, if you wish to try it. |
 |
| This mug was crafted by a local potter. There is a surprise in the bottom. |
 |
| Surprise!!! There is a happy little frog in the bottom of the cup. Don't worry... It's a clay frog. |
I spent the rest of Saturday afternoon shopping at the local Tanger Outlet, and was home by 3:30 PM. It was such a wonderful day!
Sunday afternoon, I spent several hours on the campus of Millersville University. They have a beautiful campus, and it's actually a lot bigger than I thought it was. After exploring campus, I when to Rita's Italian Ice and found a new addiction. If anyone comes to visit me up here, we will go to Rita's. YUM!
 |
| MU has a beautiful courtyard area with a pond and ducks! |
 |
| Ducks!! |
 |
the back of the former library, now executive center
Wait 'til you see the front... |
 |
| To me, this looks like something out of a fairy tale, absolutely beautiful. |
 |
| area in front of the old library |
 |
| This is the theatre building. |
 |
| This is written in the archway of the theatre building. |
 |
| Some of their academic buildings are old houses. |
 |
| I found these signs around campus. Come on ladies, you're slacking... |
 |
| a rock, for aesthetic value |
 |
They have a Hull Hall too! However, as seen below, it is not as pretty as ours.
 |
 |
| This is the Tanger House. It's on campus, but I'm not sure what it is used for. Really pretty, though. |
 |
| I wanted my last picture to be something pretty. This is a fountain behind the welcome center. It was very peaceful in this area. |
Here you have it my friends, my picture-heavy post of my weekend adventures. There is more writing to come in the days ahead.
I leave you with a passage in Philippians that was really encouraging to me this morning:
Philippians 2:1-11
1So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
I love you and miss you all.
I love the castle/old library! I want to live in the tower for awhile! Do you suppose they would let me? I see that their "boomerang" dorms do not look exactly like State's boomerangs, but pretty darn close. Would the ducks let you get close?
ReplyDeleteAs a matter of face, yes. The pictures of the ducks aren't even zoomed. I was standing right next to them.
ReplyDeleteState's big ole ducks with the red beaks won't let you get that close--unless they are chasing you, hissing and flapping their wings!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have a nice weekend exploring! The pictures are really pretty. I loved the library! So glad you are enjoying PA!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the shout out Aisy! :) I am so glad you are having such a good time. I miss you so much!
ReplyDelete